What is “personal information”?
“Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual. It includes contact information such as your name, address, phone number and financial information.
How do we obtain your personal information and what do we obtain?
We obtain the information that you choose to give us. You may do so in a variety of ways including:
- When you visit our website for the purpose of becoming involved with the campaign as a volunteer or donor.
- When you subscribe to our communications.
- If you provide a donation.
- If you complete any other form on the campaign website.
- It is also possible that your information could be provided to us by a volunteer or friend who thinks you would be interested in getting involved with the campaign. The information that we collect may include:
- Contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address and social media contacts.
- Donation information such as amount of your donation.
- Financial information that we need to process your donation.
How do we use and share personal information?
How do we protect personal information?
The security of your personal information is important to us. For information provided online, our website protects against misuse, or alteration of the information under our control. Our server is located in a controlled and secure environment.
How can I update my information or unsubscribe?
You may update or correct the information you provide to us by e-mailing us at email@example.com. If you have subscribed to receive information, you may unsubscribe by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email message.
What about anti-spam legislation?
Most of the messages sent by the political entities are exempt from the application of Canada’s anti-spam law as it relates to commercial electronic messages sent to electronic addresses. This is because: the electronic messages that we send are generally either those soliciting donations, which are specifically exempt under the law, or are messages of a political, not a commercial, character. If we do send any messages to which the law applies and for which there are no exemptions, we will ensure that we have consent to do so, as required by the law, and that any other legal requirements e.g. an unsubscribe mechanism, are met. As a best practice, we have an unsubscribe mechanism for our electronic messages, even where the law does not require us to do so.
Do we log IP addresses?
We log IP addresses, or the location of your computer network on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We may also use IP addresses to track which pages people visit in order to improve the quality of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to a limited number of other websites. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these websites.
You can also reach us by regular mail at the following address:
610 Walmer Road